Position requirements include a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Texas PE registration and minimum of 10 years of experience in electrical design of water and wastewater related public works improvement projects. This person must possess excellent design and communication skills. The ideal candidate is a fully competent engineer and must evaluate and apply standard engineering techniques. Experience should include cost estimates, calculations, drawings, specifications for electrical power, lighting, fire and construction phase services including shop drawing/submittal review, RFI responses, site visits and punch lists. This position will work alongside water and wastewater design professionals on a variety of public and private infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities will include working closely with other engineers and designers in the development and oversight of engineering design projects for water and wastewater facilities. Candidates will be responsible for the design of power distribution systems, instrumentation and controls, standby generators and automatic transfer systems, SCADA and telemetry systems, lighting systems, and development of load and fault current calculations, power flow models, and short circuit analysis.
Candidates will be required to manage and oversee the development of technical plans and specifications, ensure NEC code compliance, and routinely coordinate with client and other disciplines in support of project completion.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering with P.E. registration in Texas; if licensed outside the State, candidate must be licensed by exam.
- Possess a solid background in electrical power distribution and control systems design and clear understanding of the National Electrical Code.
- Minimum 10 years of recent experience in municipal water and wastewater facilities.
- SCADA experience a plus.
- Experience performing electrical short-circuit analysis and coordination studies using ETAP, SKM Systems Analysis, Inc., or similar modeling software a plus.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects.
- Solid verbal communications skills and the desire to support the firm’s marketing efforts in the water/wastewater industry.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.