Santo SUD Distribution System Model and Improvements
|CLIENT: Santo Special Utility District|
|LOCATION: Santo, TX|
The Santo Special Utility District (District) has experienced higher than usual growth for their system over the past several years. The District hired eHT to build a hydraulic water model of the District's water distribution system. The District wanted to use the model to identify possible issues with their system, as well as for future planning to help prepare the system for continued growth into the future. The model build included the following:
- Using pdf maps to generate the pipe network of the system;
- Appropriate georeferencing to ensure accurate infrastructure scaling and hydraulics;
- Update of connection counts across the system;
- Various site visits to collect field data;
- Hydrant flow tests to be used in water model calibration; and,
- District review and collaboration.
A Water Master Plan was generated to present the results of the modeling effort and to offer recommendations to the District for future improvements.
The Water Master Plan is multi-phased and is intended to help the system gradually grow into the future.